The Leadership Challenge is about how leaders mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done. It's about the practices leaders use to transform values into actions, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations, separateness into solidarity, and risks into rewards. It's about a climate in which people turn challenging opportunities into remarkable successes. Please see the Leadership Challenge website for more information at: http://ca.leadershipchallenge.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-131053.html .
You have registered for the CAPC/ CPNP Sponsored Leadership Challenge March 1 & 2, 2010 in Leduc, AB. There is some pre-work you need to complete prior to the session, please see below:
1. You will need to complete the Self Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI). You will be sent a link, a username and a password by email to do this.
2. After you have completed the self assessment you will need to ask and assign 12 or more observers (colleagues, direct reports, managers and others) to complete the same assessment about your leadership practices. You will do this directly from the site you completed you self assessment on.
3. You will be able to monitor the completion of your observer assessments by the number of observers assigned and completed, but we will not be able to specifically indicate who has or has not completed the assessment. You have the ability to send out generic reminders that will be sent to individuals who have not completed the assessment.
4. Just prior to the workshop your Leadership Practice Inventory (LPI) will be printed by the facilitator and brought to the session for your review and utilization at the workshop. The facilitator will not be reviewing the individual assessments to maintain and ensure participants confidentiality.
5. You will also be sent a pre-session activity to complete and bring with you to the session called Recalling your Personal-Best Leadership Experience. Please take some time in January and February reflect on the questions as we will be sharing this information with each other on the first day.
If you have any questions or concerns during this process you can contact Tracy Bridges at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-428-9465(office) or 780-905-5986.